- Macon Shoppers Value Foods
- 5580 Thomaston Road Suite #18, Macon, GA 31220
- (478) 812-8312
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 cup chopped parsnips
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 refrigerated Marie Callender's® Pie Crust, softened as directed on package
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus spears
- 1/2 cup quick cook barley, uncooked
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray four 10-ounce oven-safe custard dishes with cooking spray; place on baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat oil in 5-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add parsnip, carrot and onions; cook 5 minutes until just tender, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes more. Stir in broth, flour, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in asparagus and barley; cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until barley is tender and sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, roll pie crust into a 12-inch circle on floured work surface. Invert a custard dish onto crust and use a paring knife to cut around the dish leaving 1/8-inch overhang, cutting 4 rounds total. Discard remaining crust. Ladle filling into custard cups. Top each with a round of crust and press the edges to seal. Cut a slit in the center of each pot pie. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until crust is browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving; sauce will thicken as it stands.