- Macon Shoppers Value Foods
- 5580 Thomaston Road Suite #18, Macon, GA 31220
- (478) 812-8312
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 large green or red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies-No Salt Added, drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen Southwest mixed vegetables (corn, black beans, red peppers)
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cut bell peppers lengthwise through stem into halves. Remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place peppers, cut-side down, in dish. Bake 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions, adding cumin and garlic salt. Add drained tomatoes, mixed vegetables and half of tomato sauce to cooked rice; stir to combine. Divide rice mixture and place inside peppers. Top with remaining tomato sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake 20 minutes or until peppers are hot and cheese melts.