- Macon Shoppers Value Foods
- 5580 Thomaston Road Suite #18, Macon, GA 31220
- (478) 812-8312
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1 lb (16 oz) Velveeta®, cut into cubes
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 40 fresh chives, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 parboiled fingerling potatoes
- Preheat the oven to broil low.
- Heat medium saucepan on low heat add in the bacon, cheese and tomatoes. Cook until the cheese is completely melted. Keep warm.
- Cut the potatoes in half and use a small spoon or scoop to scoop out only the inside of the potato leaving the outer skin in tact and place it in a bowl along with 1 tablespoon of butter, salt and pepper.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth and stuff the potato skins that have been scooped out with the mashed potatoes.
- Place them on a cookie sheet tray. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and brush potato tops with butter; cook under the broiler for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove them from the oven and top with a small amount of bacon cheese dip and 4 chive slices to resemble football strings and serve.